Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Yes, I know it's only October, but I have already started my Christmas knitting!  Since I will be performing in "A Christmas Carol" this year, I will be busy every weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Hence the early start!  However, I probably won't be posting pictures of entire projects until after the holidays, since the people getting knitted gifts might see my blog.  Wouldn't want that now, would we?  But some things, like gifts for my grandmother or aunt (who thankfully don't have a computer) I can definitely post.  I started a shawl for Grammy and a lapghan for my Auntie already.  The shawl is shaping up to be quite an adventure.  I started out in a rib pattern, but I somehow dropped a stitch, so I had to unravel and start again.  I wasn't crazy about the ribbing so I decided to go with a moss stitch.  The problem there is that I am using Homespun yarn so it doesn't look as good as I thought it might.  The colors are still nice though and I know it will keep her warm.  Pics to follow in the next post, I promise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment