Sunday, October 9, 2011

Some Christmas gifts in progress

So I have developed a bad habit.  Or at least what I perceive to be a bad habit.  I have three different projects going at once.  This has been the norm since the summer.  I have two afghans and a shawl started.  I should probably just do one project at a time, right??  Not so much.  A big part of it is I can get bored in the middle of a project so I start something new.  But I fully intend to have them all done in time for Christmas.  I also still have about three more projects for Christmas gifts that I have yet to even start or purchase yarn for.  We'll see how this plays out...





Here are the pieces of my aunt's afghan.  She doesn't have a computer so I can post this without her seeing it.  This is like the last afghan I made, but in different colors.  I love this pattern because it's in blocks so I do have the option of starting and stopping when I want. 

This is a shawl for Grammy.  I'm about 1/3 of the way through, at the very end of my first skein of yarn (Lion Brand Homespun, Tudor).  I love the way the colors flow.  Hopefully Gram will love it too!  This is the first project I ever did with the moss stitch.  It's not the easiest pattern but I like the way it looks.  Plus it's reversible.   Here's a close-up.

It isn't as clear with the Homespun yarn, so next time I use this stitch I will use a smooth yarn.  The stitches are close together so I know it will keep Grammy warm. 

Somehow I also want to knit a scarf in green for myself to wear with my black coat at Christmas time...we'll see if I can pull it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment