Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year and a Baby Bonanza

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  I know I did.  I even made my own marinara sauce for my homemade lasagna.  It was yummy!  Everyone loved their gifts that I made for them.  My mother in law was the recipient of my first afghan (the creme and peach one a few entries back) and she loved it.  It was a birthday present for her, but I didn't actually get to give it to her until Christmas Eve (I was in A Christmas Carol every weekend from Thanksgiving to Dec. 18, soooo...didn't get to see her to give her the gift).  My mom loved the color of her scarf and hat.  I felt really bad that I couldn't give her the blanket I was planning to, but there was no way to fix the error I made and get it finished on time.  My great aunt and grammy really loved their shawls, too.  Gram put hers right on!  And my great aunt is a knitter herself, so to get a compliment from her was a big deal to me.

Anyway, now that Christmas is over, I need to focus on the Baby Bonanza that I find myself in the middle of.  I have lots of hats, blankets, booties and sweaters to make for all my family and friends who are expecting in 2012.  And that's just the ones that are pregnant now.  Who knows how many more are going to come along this year.  It seems to be the Year of the Baby Girl.  Selfishly, I want someone to have a boy so I can knit some blue and green stuff!  Yes, I know, that's gender stereotyping, girls can have blue blankies too.  But, I prefer girlie colors.  Though I am going to go outside the pastels box for one gift, which I am excited about!  Pics to come.  In the meantime, Happy New Year!  I personally am hoping that 2012 is a great improvement over 2010 and 2011.  Both were pretty bad.  So I am ready for a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment