Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mellow Yellow

Here's the first baby gift of 2012!  I made this for my mom's best friend's grandbaby.  They didn't know if it was a boy or girl, so I went with the standby of yellow.  It looks really bright in the pics but is much softer in natural light.  Unfortunately when you live in the woods like I do, you don't get much of that inside the house.  And any sunbeams we do get through the window are hogged by the dog! So yes, this color looks very lemon-y in the pics but is much nicer is person.  I made a basketweave blankie and a garter-stitch hat to match.  My first baby-hat ever!  Still not brave enough to attempt knitting in the round yet, so it's not a fancy hat, but still cute. 


Mom mailed this off to the new baby this week along with her gift.  Hopefully they like it!
I also have more baby things that I've finished but I can't post them until after the upcoming baby showers.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment